Department of Human Resource Development Communication and Public Relation
The Human Resource Development (HRD), Commutation and Public Relations (PR) departments play vital roles in fostering employee development, effective communication, and managing external relationships. This Terms of Reference (ToR) document outlines the responsibilities and expectations of the HRD and PR teams, highlighting their collaborative efforts in driving organizational success.
The primary objective of the HRD, Communication and PR ToR is to ensure the development and implementation of comprehensive strategies that align HRD initiatives with effective communication and public relations activities. This integration aims to foster employee development, enhance internal communication, and maintain positive external relationships.
Mr. Ahmed Elmi Wasuge
Director of Department
- Develop and implement employee development programs, training initiatives, and career advancement opportunities.
- Conduct needs assessments to identify skill gaps and develop tailored training plans.
- Foster a culture of continuous learning and professional growth within the organization.
- Collaborate with managers and departments to align individual development plans with organizational objectives.
- Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of HRD programs and initiatives.
- Develop and implement internal communication strategies to enhance employee engagement and alignment with organizational goals.
- Create and distribute regular internal communications, including newsletters, memos, and announcements, to keep employees informed of important updates, policies, and initiatives.
- Coordinate and support the organization’s internal events, such as town hall meetings, employee recognition programs, and team-building activities.
- Establish and maintain communication channels, such as intranet portals, email updates, and collaboration platforms, to facilitate effective information sharing among employees.
- Develop and execute public relations strategies to enhance the organization’s reputation and brand image.
- Craft and distribute press releases, media advisories, and other relevant materials to communicate key organizational messages to external stakeholders, including media outlets, industry partners, and the general public.
- Manage relationships with media contacts, respond to media inquiries, and arrange interviews with key organizational representatives.
- Monitor and analyze media coverage and public perception of the organization, providing reports and recommendations to senior management.
- Employee development programs and training initiatives.
- Internal communication materials, including newsletters, memos, and announcements.
- External communication materials, such as press releases, media advisories, and media kits.
- Reports on media coverage and public perception analysis.
- Documentation of public relations campaigns and event participation.